Monday, May 4, 2009

Broke down trains and Russians

Ugh, got stuck on the NJ Transit today. Some train got stuck in the tunnel this morning. Since there are only two tracks under the Hudson and it was rush hour, they stopped letting trains out, including mine which was the next scheduled train. We had to wait over half an hour and we are just now finally getting moving. If I'm lucky I might just barely make my quiz, although it doesn't really matter since I did none of the readings, opting instead to work on my paper. There was some raspy-voiced lady bitching and moaning who kind of made up for the whole ordeal. “C'mon, get that shit out the tunnel... let's go.” was her first sound, and it only got better after that. Cell phone conversations alternating between a thick Brooklyn accent, and then yelling in Russian at her ma. Perfect. Now there's some bum trying to get a free ride. Getting tossed out at Secaucus. He was trying to get the conductor to give him a free ride to Newark. WTF? You can catch a PATH train to Newark for a buck seventy-five. I'm sure you can spange that in like 15 min.

No comments: