Thursday, March 6, 2008

No longer sick, knee troubles

Well, I haven't been sick for awhile and the weather just continues to be wonderful. I'm not sure since when Spring has been in February, now March I suppose, but I am enjoying the sun while it's out. I may not be sick but that damn knee is bothering me yet. I dutifully went easy on it, staying off my bike, doing no running or lifting. It was good for a week or so, so I decided that I could start biking again. I took it easy, but still the whatever the hell came back. It doesn't so much hurt but rather is a worrisome feeling deep in the middle of the knee. I did yoga the other day, which didn't hurt it, but made me aware of my body (I don't know how to explain it, but that's really what it did) and I am pretty sure that the knee problem has something to do with my hip, which has never been quite right. It pops when I walk sometimes and when I walk a lot it becomes pretty sore. So I don't know. I can't really afford to go to a doctor and have them just give me some Ibuprofin. I have a high deductible anyway and if something was wrong, I'm not sure how much that would cost me. I'll just wait until I'm in New York and hopefully with a job with better insurance.
I had been glum and didn't really realize it until this weekend and it hit me pretty hard. It's just that I have been withdrawing from Portland since I'm leaving, but I'm not in NY yet, so I've been feeling really empty. I had some really good conversations with Brandy this weekend and also went out and partied with some of my friends here and these things really helped me feel a ton better and now I'm feeling like I can much better live in the moment and enjoy Portland like I should and not worry about leaving.
It looks like I'm going to leave Portland right after the scavenger hunt that I'm planning, which is on the 10th of May. I'm going to go down to CA to see my family and then the following Fri Brandy is flying into Sacramento and I'm going to head across the country in about 10 days - way too little, but jobs are a bitch. It also looks like I'm just going to miss my good friend from elementary school Molli, who is moving here at the same time that I'm leaving :( I am happy for her to be coming to this awesome place.

No comments: