Sunday, November 8, 2009

Metuchen

Winding down from what was a gorgeous weekend.
Last weekend was Halloween and was also quite nice. My team played in a tournament on Ward's Island and we went as Mario characters. I was originally going to go as Thwomp, which was cool in its obscurity, but really lame as a costume, so I ended up as Wario. Brandy made my purple overalls and this really great hat so I definitely had one of the best costumes at the tournament.
The night before the tournament, a CS friend of ours, Jeremy came in from Bethlehem, PA. Since he was going to take 278 to Staten Is anyway, I decided that I should take the train to Metuchen and ride into the city with him. I'd never been, but Metuchen turned out to have a really cute downtown and I found this cool bookstore where I picked up what is definitely on track to being my favorite cookbook. It's a sauce cookbook written by this guy who studied chemistry at UC Berkeley before spending ten years as a chef in France. The book is really well done and his style of writing works really well for my scientific mind. I have been spending a lot of time just randomly opening pages and reading. So while I was making this fateful purchase, Jeremy ran into some traffic on the highway and made the ridiculous decision to get off the highway in NJ without a map. Not sure what possessed him to do such a thing, but it did lead to me spending a lot more time in Metuchen than expected.
More later when I have the time.

No comments: