Friday, June 20, 2008

Life is good

I am sitting at a coffee shop that I just found via Eric, studying discrete choice modeling in the 70 degree New York summer air. This place, only a few blocks from my home, has a huge back yard half of which is covered by a huge trellis filled with grape vines. This give a good amount of shade, letting in just enough sun to keep me warm and, portends a great late summer when I'll be able to come here and pick the fruits.
I am, however, completely broke since I still have not begun working anywhere. This is a problem since my bank account has officially been exhausted and I even have credit card debt thanks to me not looking for a job early enough when I was in Portland. I am going to school on Monday to meet with a professor and a supervisor at the Voorhees Transportation Center http://policy.rutgers.edu/vtc/ regarding some research work that I'll be doing this summer. I will be conducting parking audits in the vicinity of train stations in northern New Jersey. I would like to do a little more than data collection, but I'm also interested in the project and that is all that is needed now.
Tomorrow I will go to my first practice with the ultimate team with whom I am ostensibly playing this summer. We shall see how it goes. On Sunday we will check out this block party further down in Brooklyn and also a craft fair near here. Brandy wants to find out what it will take to sell some of her work at the fair.

No comments: